Welcome to BanditProject.
The term 'The Bandit Project', 'BP', 'banditProject' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the consortium of volunteers who maintain and update this website.
Bandit Reports on Our Website
Our website features materials and content related to the violation of Philadelphia City Code Title 10, Chapter 10-1200, et. al. If you are featured on our site, it is because volunteers have located and secured physical signage belonging to you or they have your contact information on such signage in violation of the Philadelphia Code.
If your telephone number, email or website address is featured on a bandit sign found in Philadelphia, we have the legal right to publish and comment about its existence.
The Bandit Project reserves the right to report information collected in our database to law enforcement authorities.
Comments on Bandit Reports
All discussion and commentary concerning any particular bandit sign or bandit report is the sole responsibility of that author and represents that author's own personal viewpoint and opinion.
BanditProject will vigorously defend all accusations of slander and libel. We shall also remove any content that is patently offensive or libelous, however we will not take down information featured on our site if it is (a) factually accurate and/or (b) the request to take-down/remove content from our website is submitted to us anonymously without (a) a complete full name of the requester (b) a current mailing address of that requestor and (c) a working telephone number where the requestor can be reached.
We may remove information submitted to BanditProject from public view from time to time based on the question of accuracy, and we may delete any material that is found to be patently offensive and libelous whether that material was discovered by administrators, users or by a request submitted to us.
If you are a person, a business entity or an attorney representing your client who is featured on BanditProject due to your signage and wish to contact us, please e-mail us.
Please include your full name, physical (not mailing) address and phone number where you can be reached.
Please be aware that at any time, BanditProject may refer information it has collected to the City of Philadelphia Department of Licenses & Inspections, the Philadelphia Streets Department, the Philadelphia City Controller's Office and the Philadelphia Police Department.
Linking To Our Website
Anyone may link to our website and any part of our website. Please credit us with "The Bandit Project", "BanditProject", "banditProject" or "banditproject.org" in your captions.
Photographs & User-Submitted Content Open License
All materials submitted by users to BanditProject becomes the sole property of BanditProject. You may not infer licenses to any materials you submit to our site. You may not claim ownership over any content or images that are submitted to our website. BanditProject may or may not credit the source of content that has been submitted by its users (but we often do).
All content available on BanditProject is free and without license. You do not need the express written consent of us for the retransmission, use, alteration, archival or distribution of any of our content, which is free and in the public domain.
Any content that BanditProject links to is the sole owner of that content and not ours. By request, we may remove content that we link to at any time and for any reason
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. However, the information we provide on our site is in the public domain for free use by you.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense. This may be, but is not limited to, altering or attempting to alter secure database records, Denial of Service attacks, user-spoofing or any other use which is prohibited by the Terms of Agreement.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the City of Philadelphia, and the United States of America.